3 Ways To Determine Seagate Hard Disk Model And Serial Number
To identify your seagate hard disk drive, retrieve the model number, serial number and firmware revision without removing your drive. There are 3 methods:
- Seagate DriveDetect.exe method (recommended)Click here to download Drive DetectWhen running Drive Detect you will see a screen like this. Look for the drives that are attached:
In the example above the Drive Name is the same as the Model: ST31500341AS, the serial number is 9VS00J20 and the firmware revision is SD1A.
- Device Manager Method : Use Microsoft Windows Device Manager to see the model numbers of your disk drive.
- Choose Start | Run | type: devmgmt.msc
- Click Ok.
- Expand the Disk Drive branch to see the model numbers:
- Seatools for Windows Method:Download SeaTools for Windows which displays all of the required information.