The Data Lifeguard Diagnostic softwares are used primarily for determining the physical condition of your hard drive. If you are having computer problems which you suspect are hard drive related, you can test your drive with this software. This diagnostic software is designed for hard drives larger than 8.4 GB with the model number starting with WDxxx.
Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS (CD)
- Version: Version 5.04f
- Publish Date: Oct, 2008
- Supported OS: Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista
Data Lifeguard Diagnostic download
Data Lifeguard Diagnostic Options:
- SELECT DRIVE – Always choose this option first, as it determines which drive you will be working on.
- QUICK TEST – This option tests your drive quickly for any major physical problems. (Please note: Although this option is safe and does not alter the data on your hard drive, Western Digital recommends that you have a current backup of your data).
- EXTENDED TEST – This option checks your drive thoroughly and it can repair any correctable errors. (Please note: Although this option is safe and does not alter the data on your hard drive, some data loss may occur, depending on the errors found and the errors corrected. Western Digital recommends that you have a current backup of your data).
- WRITE ZEROS TO DRIVE – The Write Zeros option, wipes any and all data off your drive. This option used when your data is no longer usable or recoverable. If you no longer need any data from your drive and would like to start over, run this option to set your drive to an as new condition. NOTE: Please make sure that you have selected the correct drive to perform this function on as once ran, no data will be recoverable.
- VIEW TEST RESULTS – You can see the results of the test you just performed
- PRINT TEST RESULTS – Test results can be printed with this option. USB printers are not supported
- LOG FILE OPEN/CLOSE – You can access the log file which is generated automatically
- ENTER AND PRINT RMA INFORMATION – Information pertaining to each drive tested can be customized and printed with this option.
- HELP – Brief descriptions of each option in addition to explanations of error codes are available in this option.
- QUIT – Reboot your system once you have completed the selected tasks