1. What is “HD HPE PRO”?
HD HPE PRO is a Hard Drive Platter Replacement and Disk Head Exchange Tool built to handle Head Stack and DSM issues.
2. Why you need “HD HPE PRO”?
Besides firmware problem and the well-known file system problem, as a data recovery professional, you must have experiences that drives click and drive spin motor got stuck or burnt. For few of you, these kinds of problems can be fixed by replacing the damaged parts manually, but for most of the non-experts who want to lay their hands on this bite of cake, it is better if they work in a stable environment with assistance of industrial designed utilities to prevent further damages or misalign because of incorrect operations to maintain the user data intact.
3. What is the highlights of “HD HPE PRO”?
* Universal-fit workbench assures you to operate on your HD on a relatively stable table, making your job easier and more reliable.
* Pioneer platter exchanger maintains the original cylinder status by removing and placing each platter of the multiple platters together, so that allows you to change multiple platters without moving the platters out of alignment with each other which otherwise will result in data corruption.
* Special Actuator Remover assures you to perform easy operation (removal, installation) on the upper magnet of the actuator which is very hard to be removed and put back because of its strong magnetism and it’s sensitive and embarrassed position (being very close to both the Head Stack and Media Platter), in case it slips out and touch either of its fragile neighbors during the operations — the consequences will be a disaster.
4. Useful Links
- Data sheet on the HD HPE PRO
- HD HPE PRO Demo Video
- Hard Drive Head Replacement Video
- Contact to find out more about HD HPE PRO (Such as Price, how to purchase…)
New HPE SP (HPE for HDD with spacers) is to be released in March, 2009
HD HPE PRO will be replaced by HPE SP. This new product, with all the original capabilities of the old version HPE being remained, a newly designed platter exchanger was adapted to replace the old one, which allows users to work on hard drives with spacers between platters.
HPE SP is made of metal alloy and has had the quality and stability improved.
The official version of HPE SP will be available in March, 2009. For old users, they need only to purchase the new Platter Exchanger (1 for the 3.5″ HDD with spacers or without) to upgrade from HPE PRO to HPE SP.