Hard drive damage primarily results in data corruption. The damage can be caused due to various logical factors like improper system shutdown, file system corruption, software bugs, metadata structure damage, and operating system malfunctioning.
Most computer users wind up needing to recover lost data at one time or other. Luckily, you can choose hard drive recovery software to help retrieve your lost files. There are many options available, so you need to know what to look for before you buy hard drive data recovery software.
- Check to make sure the software you buy will support the file type you need restored before you buy hard drive recovery software. Not all hard disk recovery utilities are the same.
- The recovery software should recover your data after all the logical corruption scenarios like virus attack, boot sector corruption, accidental deletion, partition damage, and file system corruption.
- The software should use high end scanning algorithms to completely scan and recover lost, missing, or inaccessible data from your hard drive.
- The application should support recovery from all kinds of storage media like hard drives, CD, DVD, USB flash drives, and more.
- The recovery utility should recover all kinds of different file formats like .DOT, .DOTX, .XLT, .XLW, .XLB, .XLTX, .POT, and .POTX.
- The recovery tool should be embedded with all the latest features like disk imaging, disk cloning, Find file option, S.M.A.R.T and more.
- The tool should provide a preview of all the files and folders, and provide an option to the user to select and recover files as per his/her requirements.
- Use price as your guide when you buy hard drive recovery software. There are a lot of different programs on the market, which can be overwhelming. The price generally ranges from 75 dollars for an undelete program up to 400 dollars for more powerful programs used by professionals. If you stay within 80 to 120 dollars, you will have a good utility that can accomplish a lot.
- Choose hard drive data recovery software that is user friendly. The directions should be easy enough for you to run the program on your own.
- The software should be completely non destructive.
See my another post: Best Data Recovery Softwares 2009