Are you looking for a cheap hard drive recovery service? Data loss can occur on any device that stores data. Although any loss of data, even a simple misplacement, is by definition technically a loss, what we are primarily concerned with is the permanent loss of data that is important to your business’ ongoing success.
Let’s first take a look at people’s questions:
1. Cheap Logical Hard Drive Recovery
I have two USB externals drives. One is my backup drive. The other I just bought and was formating it to NTFS. The full format was taking a long time so I aborted the format and used the quick format. Everything went fine.
I then went to copy some stuff to the backup drive but it said it was not formated. My heart stopped then I said a few choice words. All my pictures for the last 1.5 years is on there. I could not do anything to the drive until I format, so I went ahead and did a quick formate. I am using Vista and the FAT32 option was not there so I formated to NTFS. I think the drive came formated to FAT32. I have no idea how the backup drive got formated. I guess I must of done something. Since the format I have not written anything to the hard drive.
I got a program form Diskinternals. It took about 4 hours to scan. It found around 350gig. It then took another 4 or so hours to copy to my new drive. All the files were corrupted.
Now for my questions:
1. Can the data still be recovered if the drive was FAT32 and then formated to NTFS?
2. Would it help if I formated it back to FAT32?
3. What would be the best software to try to recover my data?
4. Any other thoughts or ideas?
To solve this problem, the cheapest method is to purchase a advanced recovery software and recover it yourself. Connect your computer to a working PC and scan your HDD. In fact, if you know how to send an e-mail you can find all of the data from a crashed disk drive. With this powerful hard drive recovery software you can easily:
- Recover files even if emptied from the Recycle Bin
- File recovery after accidental format, even if you have reinstalled Windows.
- Disk recovery after a hard disk cras
- Get back files after a partitioning error
- Get data back from RAW hard drives
- Recover documents, photos, video music and email
- Recover from hard drive, camera card, USB, Zip, floppy disk or other media
Recommend Hard Drive Recovery Software: RecoveMyFiles
2. Cheap Physical Hard Drive Recovery
After moving, my backup drive no longer works. I’ve tried two enclosures and the drive isn’t making a sound so I assume it is an electronics problem not a mechanical problem. I also have a drive that fell off my desk, it does click so I assume it is a mechanical problem. Both drives contain my backups and photos. I would like to recover the data from both these drives. Both are Seagate 7200, one is .11 and the other is a .10. I think I have about 1TB of data between the two.
What is the cheapest method of recovering the data? Send it to a data recovery company (recommendations?) or try switching the platters myself in a makeshift clean room?
Logic board (controller) failures.
- Broken power/data connectors (requires fine soldering).
- Spindle/arm driver chip failure (requires replacement of either a logic board, or a chip; additional repairs may be needed depending on the true cause of the problem).
- Head block pre-amplification failure (platter box must be opened).
Moving parts failures.
- Head crash.
- Spindle bearing seizure or spindle motor failure.
Firmware corruption (requires special software and sometimes special connection arrangement).
In case of the massive damage, there is no point in attempting the do-it-yourself type data recovery at home. There is little you can do to repair a physically damaged device without the special equipment. In this case, you need a data recovery lab.
Recommend Physical Hard Drive Recovery Service(USA):
- ESS Data Recovery
- 24 Hour Data