How to check the health of my FreeAgent drive?
You should run a diagnostic on your drive regularly as part of general maintenance. A health check determines hard disk integrity and can help troubleshoot potential problems with disk surface, partitioning, and drive recognition. To run a drive diagnostic:
- Close all open files located on the FreeAgent drive.
- Open the Seagate FreeAgent Tools application. Click Utilities in the Command panel.
- The Utilities window opens. Click Run Drive Diagnostics.
- The Run Drive Diagnostics window opens. Click Test to begin the drive diagnostic. The diagnostic utility performs its tests without affecting the data on your drive and takes only a short time to complete. When the test is complete, the Utilities window displays the results. If the drive encounters an error during testing, the window displays an error code with instructions to contact Seagate for service and support.
- Click OK to return to the Utilities window