Computer data may be one of your company’s most valuable and vulnerable assets. According to our experience, the primary threats to your data include:
- Hardware or System Problems
- Human Error
- Software Corruption or Program Problems
- Computer Viruses
- Natural Disasters
These five major threats to your computer data share two things in common: they are unpredictable and, in many cases, uncontrollable. Therefore, the precautions taken by IT professionals to safeguard company data cannot always prevent a data loss.
Computer users and many experts often consider lost data permanently destroyed, with no hope of recovery. Information about lost data can be complex, inconsistent or inaccurate, so it’s not surprising that data loss and data recovery are some of the most confusing and misunderstood concepts.
In addition to being a vulnerable asset, computer data is also a valuable asset.
Based on the information below it is easy to see how significant the costs of lost or inaccessible data can be. The following is a summary of the average hourly impact of lost data on a selection of different businesses.
Type of Business & Average Hourly Impact
When time is crucial and data is mission-critical, data recovery may be the most practical option available. Data recovery professionals recover data from the damaged media itself, providing several advantages over alternative methods of data retrieval.
1) Complete – Data recovery professionals can safely enter the system or media to achieve a comprehensive data recovery.
2) Current – Although many people revert to backups following a data loss, those backups typically contain outdated information or could be corrupt themselves. Data recovery can help you access the most recent version of the lost data.
3) Fast – Every second that passes following a data disaster means time and money lost to your company. Data recovery reduces this downtime by quickly recovering and returning your data.
4) Cost-effective – The expense in time, money, and effort of rebuilding or re-keying lost data can be overwhelming to your company. Data recovery can provide the quickest and most complete data recovery possible.