Seagate Introduces New Additions To Its BlackArmor Family Of External Storage Solutions For Small Business, New Products include Networked, Desktop, and Mobile Storage Options to Store, Backup, and Secure Business Critical Data.
Seagate announced three additional BlackArmor ® product offerings:
1. BlackArmor ® NAS 220 storage server
2. BlackArmor ® WS 110 external drive workstation
3. BlackArmor ® PS 110 portable drive
Joining the existing network attached storage line up – the BlackArmor ® NAS 440 and BlackArmor ® NAS 420 storage servers – these new solutions share the same suite of robust backup applications for business professionals and home office use.
“In challenging economic conditions, small businesses are demanding that high-quality, integrated, reliable IT solutions be delivered in economical packages,” said Ben Woo, vice president, Enterprise Storage Systems Research, IDC. “Providing the flexibility to choose from an array of solutions that support current needs and provide a strategic growth path with minimal additional investment will be very appealing to this market segment.”
Additions to the Seagate BlackArmor family:
* BlackArmor NAS 220 Storage Server : Delivering centralize network storage and secure remote access in a compact design, the BlackArmor NAS 220 storage server is a small-business-specific network attached storage solution designed to provide data protection for up to 20 PCs¹. With up to 4TB of shared storage capacity, the BlackArmor NAS 220 storage server can meet the needs of small offices and self-employed professionals as well as home networks.
* BlackArmor WS 110 Workstation External Drive : For small office, home-based professionals or remote staff, the BlackArmor WS 110 external drive is a powerful, complete and secure direct attached external storage and backup solution. The dual interface of eSATA and USB 2.0 provide quick access to data. With a piano black enclosure, the BlackArmor WS 110 external drive is designed to lie flat or stand vertically to blend seamlessly into a work environment.
* BlackArmor PS 110 Portable Drive : With the BlackArmor PS 110 portable drive employees who travel with business critical files can do so with the peace of mind that their backed-up data is protected. The business-grade backup application coupled with a reliable Seagate hard drive in an exceptionally slim, 12.5mm package, which makes the BlackArmor PS 110 portable drive a powerful storage solution for traveling professionals.
Availability and Pricing
All products can be purchased through channel partners and select retailers at the following manufacturers’ suggested retail prices (MSRP):
* Available in late July, Seagate BlackArmor NAS 220– $449.99 for 2TB and $699.99 for 4TB
* Available now, Seagate BlackArmor WS 110–$159.99 for 1TB and $309.99 for 2TB
* Available now, Seagate BlackArmor PS 110–$159.99 for 500GB
More detailed information about the Seagate BlackArmor family of solutions can be found at http://media.seagate.com/seagate-blackarmor-media-kit/