Magic Boot Disk v2.0
Operating System: MS-DOS
This MS-DOS boot disk contains the following:
- Based on Windows 98 Second Edition boot disk
- Drivers for IDE and SATA CDROM
- Fixed FDISK.EXE: Support of hard disk drives bigger than 137 GB
- Patched FORMAT.COM:
- Option /Q (QuickFormat) now can be used to format floppies and hard disks quickly even if they’re never been formatted before
- MS-DOS version check has been removed
- SmartDrive (SMARTDRV.EXE) and other basic MS-DOS stuff such as SYS, ATTRIB, DELTREE, LABEL, MEM, MOVE.
- MHDD 4.6 with SCSI/ASPI and ATAPI support and Primary IDE enabled
- USB Mass Storage support drivers for MHDD
Download Magic Boot Disk v2.0:
Author: Artyom Rubtsov
Operating System: MS Windows 2000/XP
HDDScan is a free low-level hard drive diagnostics tool.
HDDScan supports IDE/SATA/SCSI hard disk drives, RAID arrays, external USB/Firewire hard disks, flash cards.
The tool can scan the surface, view SMART attributes, adjust AAM, APM (Power Management), etc.
Author: Dmitry Postrigan
Operating System: pure MS-DOS (boot-floppy and boot-CD available)
MHDD is the most popular freeware program for low-level HDD diagnostics.
MHDD supports these interfaces: IDE, Serial ATA, SCSI. Also there is a possibility to access an USB storage, there are drivers for emulation (USB->SCSI).
This software can make precise diagnostic of the mechanical part of a drive, view SMART attributes, perform Low-level format, bad sector repair, different tests and tens of other functions.
Last version of MHDD, self-extracting floppy image
Last version of MHDD, CDROM iso-image
Last version of MHDD, just-an-archive (MS-DOS executables only, no SCSI support)
Magic Boot Disk with MHDD
MHDD 4.5 (older version, but includes ATA/SCSI Terminal):
MHDD 4.5, self-extracting floppy image
MHDD 4.5, CDROM iso-image
MHDD 4.5, just-an-archive (MS-DOS executables only, no SCSI support)