To access Disk Management in WIndows 2000 and XP please follow the instructions below:
- From the desktop or Start Menu of Windows, right-click on My Computer.
- Left-click Manage.
- Left-click Disk Management.
To access Disk Management in Windows Vista, and Windows 7 please follow the instructions below:
- From the desktop or Start Menu of Windows, right-click on the Computer icon and then left-click on Manage from the dropdown list.
- Once you’re in Computer Management, you will see Disk Management on the left side. Click on Disk Management to open it up on the right side of the Computer Management window.
- You can also click on Start, Control Panel, System and Maintenance, Administrative Tools, and then double-click on Computer Management and then click on Disk Management under the Storage Navigation pane.
Note: Disk Management can also be used to view partitions and their formatted file systems on the hard drive