To Run Diagnostics, Scan And Repair:
- Launch the Shared Storage Drive Web Interface.
- When prompted, type in the admin username and password to authenticate.
- From the Shared Storage Drive’s Home Page, click on Advanced Settings.
- Click on System Maintenance
- Click Diagnostics.
- A warning will appear notifying you that the Drive will be inaccessible to users while running.
- The scan and repair feature inspects and repairs your hard disk drive physical medium by re-mapping areas that can no longer be properly read. In most cases, data in these areas is unreadable and therefore irreparable. Data that can be properly read will be preserved. Click on Proceed to repair the areas as necessary during the scan process.
- Choose Proceed to begin diagnosis.
- A status screen will appear showing the status of the scan.
- If there are errors that are not repairable a screen will prompt you with a diagnostics code. Record this error code and contact please contact Seagate Support for further assistance, otherwise choose Done.