As we know: Samsung HDD can’t spin; board/chip be burnt; interface broken; etc. These problems are caused by PCB malfunction. Swap PCB of your Samsung hard drives can resolve the problems.
1. Samsung Hard Drives PCB Buying Guide:
For Samsung HDD, just need the donor PCB has the same board number as yours.
Samsung HDD PCB Swap
2. Before PCB Swap you should know:
1. Most PCB’s BIOS chip(ROM Chip) store the unique information. We need change the BIOS form original PCB to replacement PCB, in order to make the replacement PCB compatible with the HDD. The 8pins (4 pins on each sides) with 25P05VP、25P10VP、25F512、25F1024、25F1024AN、SST25VF512、SST25VF010, etc. are the BIOS Chip.
Tips: Most of the TV/Phone Repair Shop can offer these services for just $5-%20
Hard Drive PCB Swap: Change BIOS Chip, Main Chip
2. Some PCB don’t have separate BIOS. The BIOS be integrated on the Main Controller IC(The biggest chip on the board, also named Main Chip). We should exchange the Main Controller IC to let the HDD be recognized.
3. Where to buy Samsung PCB Circuit Boards?
SAMSUNG PCB BF41-00303A
Note: Samsung PCB sells on HDDZone.com are fully tested before shipment(worldwide free shipping now!); These are just PCB (Printed Circuit Boards), not the whole HDD (Hard Disk Drive).
More other pcb swap guide please refer to this post: hard Drive PCB Swap