Download and install the latest firewire drivers from the Apple Software Updates Web site: http://www.apple.com/swupdates. Try these troubleshooting tips as well:
- If a PowerBook computer with a Maxtor 1394 CardBus adapter will not start up, eject the card. Start the computer again.
- Do not allow a PowerBook computer to sleep while it is receiving digital video. The video input may not continue when the computer wakes up.
- If a Maxtor CardBus adapter cannot be removed from the desktop, first power down the computer. Press the card eject button to remove the card.
- If a PowerBook stops responding to commands, and there are no 1394 devices connected, 1394 system resources may not detect after a restart. If this happens, fully power down the PowerBook and restart.
- If a PowerBook (FireWire) will not operate in Target Disk Mode, fully shut down the PowerBook and then restart.