Guidance Software is recognized globally as a world leader in Digital Forensics, Cyber Security, and E-Discovery solutions. Their services include incident response, computer forensics, litigation support, and experts with hands-on experience in digital investigation. Each year they train over 6,000 corporate, law enforcement, and government professionals in digital forensics, e-discovery, security, and incident response.
This hands-on forensics training course involves practical exercises and real-life simulations in the use of EnCase® Forensic version 7 (EnCase v7). The class provides participants with an understanding of the proper handling of digital evidence from the initial seizure of the computer/media to acquisition, including the use of FastBloc® SE and LinEn. Instruction then progresses to the analysis of the data. It concludes with archiving and validating the data. Delivery method: Group-Live. NASBA defined level: basic.
Students attending this forensics training course will learn:
- The EnCase v7 computer forensic methodology
- What constitutes digital evidence and how computers work
- Basic structures of the FAT and NT file systems
- How to create a case and how to preview and acquire media
- How to conduct raw and index searches
- How to analyze file signatures and view files
- How to conduct hash analysis and import hash sets
- How to prepare reports, using templates provided with EnCase v7
- How to restore evidence
- How to archive files and data created through the analysis process
- The proper techniques for handling and preserving evidence
Prerequlslte: Basic computer skills. Advance preparation for this course is not required.
Tuition: $2,495.00 USD per student.
Note: This training course is intended for IT security professionals, litigation support and forensic investigators Participants may have minimal computer skills and may be new to the field of computer forensics.